Friday, November 1, 2013

Simple Pirate Cake Idea

My first ever fondant. It was my son's birthday and we had a pirate theme for him. On his birthdate, I made this simple fondant cake to try and feel how hard it is to use fondant on cakes. It was a fun, lots to learn experience but I think with first time using fondant, I am not bad. I took basic wilton class and the rest are self learning online. Thank goodness we have internet. Lots of mistakes I did and try my very fist to hide them and I think it came out ok.


Covering the cake with fondant was hard but from what I've learned it's all about covering those cracks and flaws of the cake *grin*



As you can see... LOTs of cracks!


Add border on the crack and tried to hide them as much as I can.. Oh well!


FINISH PRODUCT!








No comments:

Post a Comment