Sunday, November 2, 2014

Lego Marshmallow Pops, Lego Cookies and Lego Cake

My son had his 5th birthday party. He wanted a Lego theme party(Thanks to the movie "The Lego Movie") he got so interested on it and requested for Lego birthday. But then, all the party stores I checked, there was no Lego Party Supply. I had to improvise and  look online for ideas. 
 
First one I found was this marshmallow cake pops. I have not done any cake pops but I am hoping in the future that I will be able to learn how to do cake pops. *crossfingers* For now, let's stick with this easy to make Marshmallow Cake pops. I use the following things:
  • Yellow Candy Melts
  • Big and Little Marshmallows
  • Cake Pops Sticks
  • Black Royal Icing or Black edible pen 
 
 

 

I use black royal icing for the face expression

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Cut the mini marshmallows in half horizontally and attached them to the regular marshmallows using melted yellow candy melts. 
  • Dip the lollipop stick in the melted candy melts and insert in to the bottom of the Bigger Marshmallow. Let it dry for a few minutes.
  • Dunk the heads in the melted yellow chocolate melts.
  • I piped on the faces using black royal icing or you can use the edible food markers once the candy coating has set completely.
Super Simple Lego cookies made by flooding Royal Icing and putting dots on them to make it look like a Lego. My first time using royal Icing. I followed Wilton's Royal Icing Recipe (Link: http://swaggycake.blogspot.ca/p/recipes.html)

 
The Cake:

 
The first thing I did was the Lego Logo which was inspired by the video I found online. I just added my son's name and the number 5. I would recommend you watch the video below.

 
 
Here's my creation:

 


 

 

 
Then I made this lego blocks using a lego molder I bought in Ebay inspired by the video I found online below: 
Here's my Lego Blocks I made
  

 

 

Lego fondant cake - Round 8" Vanilla cake with vanilla pudding filling - Everything Edible
   

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These are fantastic. It is my son’s birthday next month and I am planning to have the same theme for the day. I still have to finalize one of the best Los Angeles event venues for the party. All his friends are excited for his birthday.

    ReplyDelete