Saturday, November 15, 2014

Thomas the Train Cake

Made this Thomas the train cake for my husband's godson's 4th Birthday Party. Chocolate 8" round cake cover with and filled with chocolate icing and decorated with fondant. Everything is edible!
Party's Motif is Thomas the Train!

Created the face using gray fondant and the fondant tool set -large/small ball tool set.
Added fondant white and black for the eyes:

Also started the wheels using blue fondant. Used the icing tip #3 for the wheel's circle and the shell tool/knife to add wheel's accent.

Then created train's body
 Attached Thomas head, body and side together:

 Added the train's black whistle:
 Top view adding Thomas' 2nd Blue Whistle blower? (I think that's what it's called)


 Added a black fondant roof, window and the wheels.

Added the red fondant in front:

Added the number "4" was questioned by my 5-year old son which made me laugh because he said this can't be Thomas the train as he should have the number "1" on the side panel. I had to explain that because the birthday boy is turning 4, I had to change it to 4. Then he said OK and I got his approval that this is Thomas the Train. 

Creating the Train Tracks: Used Brown fondant, then the Wood Mat to add texture of the wood. Cut them into Rectangle and Voila!


I used chocolate cake covered with chocolate icing and added green fondant to cover. I did not cover the full cake with fondant. As you can see, you will notice the brown cake at the bottom. I was debating to either put crushed Oreos or add grass using the grass tool tip tool. I end up using and making green icing and using grass tool tip #233.


Added train tracks on top of cake

Added the number "4" using fondant and cutting with my number cutter, wouldn't stand up so I decided to add "rock looking" fondant to let it stand.

I used my letter cutter for Edrick's name:
 Side Views:

 Front View:



Finished my Simple Thomas the Train Fondant Cake!


  Happy 4th Birthday Edrick!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment